How SD-WAN can help you overcome your remote work challenges
Are you working from home these days? You are certainly not alone. The global COVID-19 outbreak has brought the world to a halt, sending many employees into the home office. Since the sudden change to remote settings was often not precisely planned or organized, it has not always lessened the pressure of broadband connections, which is crucial to productivity and seamless communication.
While agile work settings may theoretically be more productive and cost-effective, challenges such as Quality of Service (QoS), security, interrupted network access, poor network performance and congestion mitigations can arise, causing unnecessary interruptions. To be effective and efficient in the long run, home offices require robust, stable and fast connections.
However, that is not always an easy task considering a remote working culture with various users and distributed applications in multi-cloud enterprises. Traditional appliance-based remote access solutions do not offer the required scalability and application experience to global users and applications.
Main challenges enterprises face in remote settings
Due to this, remote users generally encounter the following challenges that can impact their productivity:
- Poor user experience due to network issues and low quality of consumer-grade hardware
- Unreliable connectivity due to geographically distributed remote locations
- Shared internet access that fails to differentiate between business and recreational traffic
IT experts face their own difficulties: They face issues such as:
- Rollout scaling and managing remote workers onboarding
- Complexity and high cost of managing large deployments Enabling security for users, data, applications and networks
Solving work from home challenges with SD-WAN
It is no longer enough to simply provide connectivity for your workforce. Enterprises need a robust solution that extends security features to remote employees and improves user experience and visibility for the application performance and usage.
SD-WAN is an efficient solution that helps your enterprise create and connect flexible networks for your remote teams worldwide. It also offers multiple features that make your internal and external operations smoother.
Key benefits of SD-WAN for enterprises include:
- Optimizing traffic flow and performance across various branches and home offices
- Application-aware routing and traffic steering to prioritize business-critical applications
- Smart traffic routing to cost-effective services while avoiding low-performance circuits
- Prioritizing traffic to ensure a seamless experience for business-critical applications
- Replacing traditional routers in branch offices with systems that assess and utilize various network transport technologies based on performance
- Decreasing network complexity with easier configuration, one-touch deployment, continuous monitoring and centralized issue resolution
- Expense management by using cloud for connectivity and services
- Delivering proper business agility
- Maximizing appliance performance with secure access to enterprise applications
- Implementing higher flexibility as compared to traditional WAN technologies
- Comprehensive network insights into sites, devices, connections, packet loss, latency, jitter and performance issues
How Telekom enables smooth remote work
Agile work settings are part of the new normal - and so is providing enterprises with the opportunity to ensure business continuity and hire a skilled workforce without significant infrastructure investments. Managed SD-WAN services help you stay ahead of the changing paradigms, with cutting-edge services backed by experts. Our SD-WAN solutions continue to connect remote networks with corporate networks to achieve greater security, faster network speed and seamless communication.
Do you want to find out more? Reach out to our team right away by filling the form on the page! We are happy to help.
Leave a comment
Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *